New to Online business? Be Aware.

When we are new we may be unaware of the dangers, but this may be helpful even to seasoned internet business people.

I have for my PSAs an email training on Online Security. I use it especially to focus on PrivacyMaxx and to promote PrivacyMaxx to new customers. But as we know, it is only available to US residents. But in my email training there are many tips that anyone can use to protect themselves.

One of those tips is "Do not click a link in an email that will take you to any of your online sites that require privacy". For example never click a link in an email that takes you to your online banking info, your pay-pal info, or your SFI affiliate login page. Always leave the email and logon in from your web browser.


Notice a couple things in the email.

1. The email was sent from an address that does not look at all like a Bank of America email

2. It was sent to "undisclosed recipients" meaning it was blasted out to maybe 100s of people at once.

3. The link "under" the Sign in to Online Banking is weird when I hover the mouse over the link I get ow.ly/ XoR630mEuxY (I added the space after the slash so no one will accidentally click it)

These 3 points tell me this is a Phishing Email trying to get my Banking login data. If I had clicked the link it would have taken me to a fake logon page that looks just like my bank, but when I log on, they would steal my log on info.

Be aware. As an on line entrepreneur we are very vulnerable and we must practice personal security.

Copy this post and send it to your friends, warning them, and adding a small promotion at the end for privacyMaxx.

Did you get this email too?

Comments