80% of success is just showing up.But what about the other 20%?

There's a quote that goes: "80 percent of success is just showing up." It is borrowed from Woody Allen's quote in the Movie Annie. But what about the other 20%? The other 20% of success largely depends on what you're showing up for.



Now it is 100% true you will NOT succeed if you do not show up. But success is about what you show up FOR.

Employees are show up for the success of someone else. Their commitment, dependability, hard work and faithful service (rewarded after 30 years with a Gold Watch) is for someone else's success.

Think of it this way: millions of people will get up tomorrow morning and show up for work. Millions will do this every day for the rest of their lives. Wake up, get in the car, sit in traffic, arrive at the office, work, leave the office, arrive at home, sleep. Repeat. It would be an insult to these people to say that they're not showing up. They do. But are they a success?

I'll ask again: what are they showing up for?

I went full time in SFI in 2013 Every step that takes me on this journey of success is experienced by me as my success. I am not self centered of selfish (I don't think...). I am happy to help others succeed. But when I teach a new ECA how to make sales in TripleClicks and they make their first sale. They feel successful, and they are. But you know what I feel successful too.

Are you showing up every day to provide someone else's success story, or are you writing yours?


"I have learned one thing," Woody says, "Showing up is 80 percent of life. Sometimes it’s easier to hide home in bed. I’ve done both. Ability is important in our quest for success, but dependability is critical. ~ Zig Ziglar

Why does SFI Make us do these Crazy Tabs Everyday???? Because, how will we succeed if we are not showing up? I have been showing up for 5 years and I am seeing success, growing success, every month. Are you showing Up?

Comments